My Adventures in the Foreign Lands

Saturday, October 21, 2006

About The Pictures

Some of these were taken at the shotgun wedding back in September. Others are just snaps from around the O of different children. The black dots on the faces of the little babies are bindis. The forehead bindi is the third eye for good luck and the cheek one helps to ward off bad spirits because babies are too young to do that themselves. They need the help of the bindi. The one of me looking like a green monster was taken at the O. Ranjith told me about some mixture of leaves that kills lice. I immediately asked him if I could try it so he had the kids pick all sorts of leaves, grind them up in the blender, and scrub my head raw with the grassy-smelling paste. Then they put water on it to make it looser because the stuff was thicker than glue. I had it on for a half an hour which was long enough. I felt like I was attracting bugs rather than warding them off. I'm not sure if it worked. I was back at the O the next day so I could easily have picked up lice again that day. I think it may have done something, though, because after I washed it out (with the water the kids had just used to clean their clothes) I combed through it with the special brush and didn't find any lice. I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoy taking them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home